Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Savouring Life's Joys Wrap-Up April 30

April has been a wonderful month for enjoying activities that I have long had on my "to do" list.  The first week, it just felt ridiculous to be indulging in an outing to a museum on a Saturday - a day normally reserved for errands like grocery shopping and dusting.  As I write that, it does occur to me that the "regular" Saturday sounds kind of crappy.  When week two rolled around, it felt less unusual and now that we are headed for the last Saturday of fun, it feels just a teensy-weensy bit addictive, I mean why not take more opportunities to enjoy some long-awaited fun activities.  I have managed to talk friends into joining me each week and we have had such a marvellous time that I really do want to continue.  The icing on the cake was that I just ordered 2 of my favourite British comedies on DVD - Chef and Keeping Up Appearances.  I feel a viewing party may be in order...

I linked all of my activities this month to Friday's Royal Wedding:

April 2:  We hit the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto to see what shoes other royal brides have worn and to search for the perfect pair for Kate.  FYI - the Queen Mother had the most beautiful and still sylish embroidered silk pumps.  Best moment of the day was when we were in William Sonoma's chi-chi Bloor Street store and a woman came in pulling what at first appeared to be a wheeled camouflage carry-on bag, but turned out to be a stroller for a precious wee doggy.  One of was laughing so uncontrollably that we had to leave the store...

April 9:  We hit the Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art in Toronto to find a lovely piece of pottery for the happy couple.  Didn't get them a suitable gift but did get myself a lovely pair of handcarved teak chopsticks :-)  Also ate the best fries ever (seriously) in the Jamie Kennedy Cafe in the Museum - go just for that and you will have an amazing day.  We had fabulous weather and wandered about through some of our favourite Bloor Street stores.  After the previous week's experience at William Sonoma, I bravely ventured back to buy the Heritage Bundt Pan I have been lusting after for the past 5 years.  It looks spectacular in my cupboard!!!  Now I need kitchen cabinets with glass doors so its beauty can be appreciated by my husband every morning.  Working on an occasion centred around serving an eye-popping bundt cake - all suggestions are welcome!

MMMMMM...Jamie Kennedy Fries!!!!!

Awww - feel the power!!!
April 16:  This was supposed to be our trip to Casa Loma but it was cold and pouring rain so I tagged along with my husband to something that I really don't envision being a part of the Royal Wedding.  We went to the Mohawk Racetrack in Campbellville to test drive new Ford F-150 trucks under load.  Yes, I know, you are seriously ticked that I didn't invite you to join us - it was just so last minute.  I'm trying to picture Kate alighting from her F-150 as it tows a big fully loaded camping trailer - tres chic, non?!

April 22: Due to our hectic Easter schedule, we ended up moving our "joy" activity to Friday last week.  All winter, we had tried to get to Blue Mountain for Beaver Tails. If you're not "from here" a Beaver Tail is a deep fried slab of dough in the shape of a beaver tail (we are Canadian after all!) and then adorned with your choice of delectable topping.  I go for cinnamon, sugar and lemon.  Banana and Nutella is also very popular.  But I digress...every time we left home on a sunny day, we would get exactly half way to Blue and hit a snowstorm.  Last Friday we managed to get there in the Miata, albeit with the top up.  To keep with the Candiana them, we came back home through the very beautiful Beaver Valley.

April 30:  Casa Loma awaits.  The last of our Royal Wedding festivities is our tour of this famous Toronto landmark.  Don't even think of not joining us - it promises to be our best outing so far.  Post a comment or call me for the details...Hope to see you on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment